- Pre-heat oven to 177 degrees C
- Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave (20 seconds) then set aside.
- Using a mixer combine the cream cheese, butter, xylitol and vanilla essence
- Once fully combined add the 4 eggs one at a time, making sure that the batter is fully incorporated.
- To the cookie dough add the melted chocolate and beat dough until it's perfectly mixed.
- Stir in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coffee, salt and mix well. (Optional add finely chopped pecans)
- Add the cookie dough in spoonful's to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes (Do not over-bake).
- Allow cookies to fully cool.
- Spread about a teaspoon of icing onto each cookie and top with pecans.
- Allow the icing to set about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and baking chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 seconds.
- Add sugar substitute and stir (make your own powdered sugar substitute in a grinder.)
- Add coconut oil
- Stir in the pinch of sea salt and coffee.
This Turkish pecan cookie is a soft cookie recipe it’s almost like a brownie.