Method for chicken and marinate
- In a mixing bowl combine softened butter, maple syrup, garlic, chillies, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Take your washed, pat dried whole chicken and place it onto a baking tray.
- Using your fingers carefully loosen the skin on the chicken breasts and thighs, Rub half of the butter. mixture under the skin, spreading it all around and to the thighs.
- Rub the rest of the butter mixture on top of the skin.
- Add your bread to a food processor and blend till crumbs.
- In a pan on meduim heat add butter till melted adding your onions, chillies and garlic, sautéing till onions are soft.
- Now add your freshly chopped coriander, chilli flakes and herbs sautéing for a minute and removing from the stove.
- In a bowl add your crumbs, your butter mixture, beaten egg, salt and pepper, mixing till well combined.
- Take your marinate chicken and stuff your bread mixture into the chicken making sure it is full. Take a string and tying the legs together.
- In your baking dish (I used my Le Creuset 32 cm Fig Heritage Rectangular Dish) add in your roughly chopped chunks of onions and broth/wine.
- Take your whole marinate stuff chicken placing it onto your broth and onions.
- Bake for a hour to a hour and a half uncovered in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C.
- You should turn your chicken half way through cooking once you see the top changing light golden color.
- Once almost done switch your oven onto grill, allowing it to grill on either side for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is slightly golden crisp roasted color.
- Once cooked through and roasted to your liking remove and cut and enjoy.