Make the peanut butter filling:
- Place the peanut butter in a heat safe bowl and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, or until pourable but not too hot.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang. Spread the peanut butter into an even layer in the pan. Freeze for 1 hour or until solidified. Use the parchment to remove from pan and return peanut butter sheet to freezer. Keep frozen while making the brownie batter.
Make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Line the square pan again with parchment paper, leaving an overhang.
- In a large microwave bowl combine the butter and 113 grams of chocolate. Microwave for 30-seconds, stirring in between, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add the sugar to the hot butter mixture and whisk until combined. Allow to cool until just barely warm.
- Add in eggs, yolk, and vanilla essence and whisk for about 1 minute, or until very well combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Carefully place the frozen peanut butter sheet over the batter. Pour remaining batter on top, covering completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through but still very slightly gooey in the center.
- While the brownies are baking towards the end, add the rest of the dairy milk chocolate to the microwave with 1 tsp of butter until melted.
- Once the brownies are baked after five minutes add your melted chocolate over with sprinkled peanuts.
- Let cool in pan 30 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool for another 30 minutes before slicing and serving.