Method for Cake
- Preheat oven to 176 degrees C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl .
- In another mixing bowl add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence, beat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients beat till combined for about 2 minutes
- Add in boiling water giving it a quick beat. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Make Ganache as per below once the cake and ganache are cool pour/frost the ganache onto the cake.
Method for ganache
- Chop your chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Put your cream in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Allow cream to heat until simmering and almost boiling. Alternatively you can heat the cream in the microwave.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let stand for about 3 minutes.
- Put your whisk into the center of the chocolate/cream mixture and begin whisking in small circles going in one direction and slowly moving outward in bigger circles until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow ganache to cool and thicken slightly before adding to the cake
Optional: you can give the ganache a quick beat/whip with your electric beater (i did not)